Saturday, June 13, 2009

Pokemon? or a kids pathway to drugs and bad habbits?

Well, this blog topic all started when my niece was playing pokemon on her Nintendo DS. Sure it's good for her reading and such, but she's only six. So the other day she called me and asked me to come over and help her with something in her game. I figured I'd be able to fix things, or help her out because i used to love playing pokemon games myself when i was her age, so i rode my bike over to her place. When i got there she asked me what Blue Tabs, Sugar Cubes, and Tiny Mushrooms were. So I thought to myself...Extacy, LSD/Acid and Shrooms. I couldnt believe where she got that from, so i looked at where she needed help with in her game and sure enough, she needed a blue tab, a sugar cube and tiny mushrooms in order to get passed someone blocking the way. So i went into the nearest "Poke-Mart" and it was like a 70's retro style place, with a guy with stoner glasses and stuff. Sure enough he sold me the "ingredients" or in my opinion drugs, and i got her passed the guy. Now luckily she is only six. and doesn't know what drugs are yet. But what if I had heard of that growing up, and playing those video games? I was the type of kid that would look up what things were when i was little. If i didn't understand something i would google it. What if i had gotten into drugs at a young age, because of Pokemon.


What I'm trying to say is, sure Pokemon is fun when you're growing up. However the makers of the games, should think before they put something of that detail in there. I can't think of anything else more wrong then to see a bounch of kids, maybe not six years old, but 10-13 or 14, doing drugs, and saying, well my friends did it in Pokemon, my Charizard gobbled them up and he was fine. I just hope that people start figuring out what they're doing to kids in the society these days.




Leave your comments below please and thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment